We follow a recipe that our foodie team found from Carol Lovett’s website ditchewheat.com but instead of maple syrup, we replace it with our CocoRoselle floral syrup since it’s lower in GI. That means its BETTER for you!
Woohoo! Here we come Gluten Free Pancakes with Summer Berries.
2 tbsp extra virgin CocoRoselle coconut oil
1 tbsp CocoRoselle floral syrup (available in Q2 2014)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup CocoRoselle coconut flour, sifted
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
- Cream together the coconut oil and floral syrup. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add coconut flour. Mix until smooth.
- Lastly add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Do not overmix. Overmixing will result in the baking agents (cream of tartar & baking soda) not working.
- Use a laddle and pour small amount of batter into a crepe pan with ghee/butter etc on medium heat.
- Flip once the bottom is light brown. The pancakes will not bubble as much as “regular” pancakes.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of low GI CocoRoselle floral syrup.